Hi, I’m Ian
I am an engineer based in Tokyo, Japan since 2006. I am fluent in Japanese passing JLPT N1 in 2009.
My current interests are in Container Native Security, Supply Chain Security, Containers, and Kubernetes. I am currently working as a Developer Advocate for Google Cloud Platform. The opinions stated here are my own, not necessarily those of my company.
Recent blog posts
- 2024/02 Code Signing is not Enough
- 2022/01 Four Tips for Writing Better Go APIs
- 2019/01 Container Runtimes Part 4: Kubernetes Container Runtimes & CRI
- 2018/10 Container Runtimes Part 3: High-Level Runtimes
- 2018/02 Container Runtimes Part 2: Anatomy of a Low-Level Container Runtime
Prior to Google I focused on developer communities developing Connpass, the largest IT meetup event tool in Japan with hundreds of thousands of users. I also co-founded and served on the board of PyCon JP, the largest Python event in Japan.
You can contact me via my email at email@example.com.